Saturday, September 7, 2013

Blog #2


Triangle Park- First choice

I think that this would be a good space to act as a look into the culture of Lexington. The space is close to the college and it is right outside of Rupp Area so there is a connection to the school but there are also many other aspects of the park that apply to the people who live and work in the Lexington area. There are many events that seem like fun that take place there on a normally weekly basis.  The park is old from my understanding and it was a big project and I think that history is interesting as well.

Johnson Center- Alternate choice

There is a lot of hype around the “freshmen fifteen” and the fact that a lot of people gain weight in college. I think it would be interesting to research the gym as a space to see peoples’ view of exercise and the importance of it.  I have never really been a person who worked out on a regular basis but I have known those types of people and the idea of it seems interesting. It would be intriguing to see the culture associated to the gym with the students.

No comments:

Post a Comment